Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Moon Flare?? Yes, Moon Flare

I think a lot of us have seen the videos put out by the pre-production Canon 5D Mark II and Canon 1D Mark IV, it's truly amazing what these cameras can do! If you don't know what I'm talking about, take a look at these links:

Reverie - 5D Mark II
http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=2326

Nocturne - 1D Mark IV
http://vincentlaforet.smugmug.com/Laforet-Videos/Nocturne-Canon-1DMKIV-Video/10024122_sqhwE#686345820_EeDCa-XL-LB

I'm not saying I intend to tackle such a crazy project (take a look at Vincent's latest post on what an HDSLR video shoot looks like):
http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2010/02/24/so-what-does-an-hdslr-hybrid-shoot-look-like/

But I was able to capture these shots in Truckee at the cabin close to 11 PM, yes... PM!

Read more


The specks are a mix of stars and snow; not as much flare as I would have liked, but nice.


From a different angle, same theme.


And a little more dramatic.


To another week of being funemployed!

-ian

3 comments:

yimfay March 9, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

pretty! can i pay you for lessons? ;)

Unknown March 10, 2010 at 1:02 AM  

I dun think you want to pay me for lessons... The big thing is getting the basics down and spinning them to create your own "style". Not saying I have a style, but yeah. =]

Anonymous March 10, 2010 at 11:24 PM  

Nice pictures Ian.

-Woong-

Post a Comment

About Ian

In the past year, I've shot everything from landscapes, engagement sessions, weddings, and events. The majority were unpaid and I'm not quite looking to get paid... Yet. Feel free to ask questions or provide feedback about the blog and/or my pictures.

Thanks,

Ian

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP