Thursday, May 5, 2011

Learning...

how to adapt and experiment with a technique all too common these days; it's fun being able to alter reality after the fact.

One random day, I decided to be an idiot and headed up to the cabin in Truckee. I arrived about 30 minutes before sundown and decided to stop by Donner lake to take some pictures. The 10+ foot tall snow walls didn't really click in mind at the moment, it was just nice getting some fresh air and enjoying the beauty of Northern California.

I sat there at the lake for about an hour before heading up to the cabin only to find it completely buried due to all the recent snowfall. The snow walls maxed out at around 20 feet with one car width of space plowed out for travel.

Well, I'm glad I went up and came back down without a single dose of traffic. Round-trip in less than 7 hours isn't too bad.

Enough blabbering, here's your treat(?):

Read more


3 comments:

Anonymous May 6, 2011 at 12:17 AM  

i rikey, mr. "i-fish-for-compliments" :D

Unknown May 6, 2011 at 12:28 AM  

What an asshole! <3

Anonymous May 17, 2011 at 4:25 PM  

Lovely !!!

Post a Comment

About Ian

In the past year, I've shot everything from landscapes, engagement sessions, weddings, and events. The majority were unpaid and I'm not quite looking to get paid... Yet. Feel free to ask questions or provide feedback about the blog and/or my pictures.

Thanks,

Ian

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP