Wednesday, November 18, 2009

So, here I am...

Shooting... I was as curious as a cat when I first grabbed my dad's Nikon FE. He taught me how to focus and hit the shutter release. Photography remained at the back of my mind and has since become a true hobby of mine over the last five years.

I bought my first digicam, a Canon S400, that's now sitting limp with the 99 error (still need to ship it into Canon for free servicing). I outgrew the XTi after three months, a 30D for a little over two years, and now I'm in heaven with the 5D2. But we tend to easily forget that it's not all about the gear but the eye/mind/imagination of the one behind the lens.

I don't know if you can call me a photographer but I enjoy taking pictures and do so, not for financial reasons (although it's extremely draining on the bank accounts), but for fun / relaxation, I guess that's how a lot of people began their lives with photography.

As I approach different situations, I struggle / adjust / shoot / and review to take my learnings and apply them towards future shoots.

No formal education, plenty of wonderful professional photographer friends, real-life field learning.

Welcome to my blog; any and all constructive criticism is very much appreciated! You don't have to be a photog to have an opinion about what I capture/d with my camera.

A rare sighting of me in the wild.

2 comments:

bwong February 11, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

I like how you have the lens resting on your arm (and that girl's poor head).

Anonymous May 17, 2011 at 4:35 PM  

You should make a Facebook page so that more people can see your work ...GOOD JOB , I have to say !!!! - TC

Post a Comment

About Ian

In the past year, I've shot everything from landscapes, engagement sessions, weddings, and events. The majority were unpaid and I'm not quite looking to get paid... Yet. Feel free to ask questions or provide feedback about the blog and/or my pictures.

Thanks,

Ian

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP